Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
Hairstyling for Industry - Beginner
Designed specifically for makeup artists or those interested in learning introductory hairstyling techniques, this workshop will ensure you master the foundations of basic hairstyling. Skills essential for any great freelance or professional makeup artists. The ability to provide these services will give you a competitive edge and prove invaluable in booking freelance makeup jobs for bridal and fashion work.
Learning from our qualified Hair Educators you will develop the core techniques that you will need to apply as a makeup artist and receive the essential tools needed for your kit. You will be hands on pinning and sectioning, blow drying and back combing and straightening and curling with irons! You can later take your hair styling to the next level and build on these core skills with our Intermediate and Advanced Hair Styling Workshops.
Duration: 5.00pm - 9.00pm
- Tools of the trade and how to use them * Face shape analysis * Client consultation
- Sectioning, pinning and teasing techniques * Using styling tools * Blow drying and back combing techniques * Straightening and curling with a GHD straightening iron
- How to create different finishes - including a sleek finished look * Introduction to pin curls * Product understanding and selection
- With our three hair workshops you will begin to build your professional hair kit for freelance work and receive the latest and leading equipment required to complete the course and achieve the lesson looks.
- Tail comb, teasing and barrel brush
- Sectioning clips and bobby pins
- Equipment bag
- Hair Dryer
- * If you complete all three Hairstyling workshops, you will receive a GHD hair straightener
- Water bottle
- Pen and notebook
- Student diary / phone calendar
Long black pants, black shirt & closed-in black shoes (we recommend comfortable ballerina flats).If your hair touches your shoulders, place in either a neat bun or ponytail. Natural makeup should be worn (foundation/bb crème and mascara at minimum).
Intermediate and Professional Makeup Artists Must be a minimum age of 16 years to apply for the Advanced Workshop - Hairstyling for Industry (Beginner))
The French Beauty Academy prides itself on its professional standards and delivery for its students. These standards are documented in the Policies and Procedures page. We would ask you to please ensure you have thoroughly read and understood all information on this page and the associated attachments or links.
Policies related to short courses booked and purcahsed through WeTeachMe are governed by the below Terms and Conditions.
Cancellations and Refunds
The Academy reserves the right to cancel courses. Students booked into courses that are cancelled by The Academy will be refunded the full course fee plus any transaction fees.
Due to the small number of students per class cancellation requests from students must be received more than 3 business days before the course start date. The cancellation policy is listed below:
Cancellations with more than 3 business days notice
- Charged $25 administrative fee
- Refunded full amount less transaction/concierge/credit card fees used to process the transaction. These are fees are found on the WeTeachMe website and are currently 4% + 20 cents per transaction.
- Cancellation requests must be submitted through the cancellation request form located on The Academy's website
- Cancellations are processed within 7 business days
Cancellations with less than 3 business days notice
- Classes can be re-booked and charged a rebooking fee per the absentee policy.
- Charged a $25 administrative fee
- Rescheduling is permitted if notice is provided with more than 3 business days prior to the course commencement date.
- Reschedule requests received with less than 3 business days notice are categorized as absentee. Refer to the absentee policy below.
- Reschedule requests must be submitted through the reschedule request form located on The Academy's website.
The following section relates to students who have fail to attend their booked class or cancel with less than 3 business days notice.
- Students are charged a $25 fee to rescheudle a missed class
- Reschedule requests must be received within 7 days of the original missed class date
- All rescheduling requests must be received through our rescheduling form.
- Failure to rebook a new course date within 7 days of the original booked course date via the form will result in forfeiture of the entire course fee.
It is the student's responsibility to rebook a new session within 1 week of the original date.